Phil Gray consulting offers executive mentoring as described and detailed below. These are often seen as the peak times of growth in the professionals work life. It's an invaluable investment into the life of any key member of your team.
In Greek mythology, Mentor was the close friend of Odysseus. Mentor was placed in charge of Odysseus’ son Telemachus when Odysseus left to fight in the Trojan War. He was a wise and trusted counsellor and teacher. Today, the dictionary describes a "mentor” in much the same way.
What does the mentor do to positively impact the business or organisation?
Objective clarity to the strategic goals and mission of the organisation. Assisting in the ongoing engagement and retention of employees. Acting as a Corporate Chaplain. Executive Coaching would be a service that a mentor to provide to the organisation. Organisational and Cultural transformation, value and strategy.
There are three different types of
- A personal mentor
- A spiritual mentor
- A business or organisational mentor
What is the role of the mentor in the mentoring relationship?
- To impart wisdom and knowledge gained from experience
- To be a trusted counsellor
- To keep the protégé accountable to their dreams and vision for the future
- To provide guidance and objective direction with regards to the protégé’s Life Purpose
- To learn from the protégé so that the relationship is mutually beneficial
- To coach and help develop the protégé’s strengths and passions
- To make relevant networks and connections available to the protégé to assist with development pathways and objectives
- To be an objective sounding board for ideas and issues
- To coach the protégé in determining all the options available to them, and then to keep them accountable to their decisions
- To be honest, transparent and authentic
- To be empathetic without being patronising or superficial
What is the role of the protégé in the mentoring
- To be teachable and open to constructive guidance
- To keep themselves accountable to the mentor and to their own objectives
- To respect and honour the mentoring relationship
- To ask questions
- To be open, honest and trustworthy
- To be open to "courageous conversations”
- To be willing to be challenged and stretched
What are the key differentiators with our mentoring program?
- Our program takes place over a 14 to 16 week period (5-6 Visits).
- Costs are agreed upfront, and can be budgeted for
- The mentoring program has greater impact in the short and medium term, with long term results
- The pathway is defined and structured thereby instilling confidence in achieving key objectives
- The program is multifaceted and tailored to each individual, whilst adhering to the overall methodology
What aspects are covered in the mentoring program?
- Emotional Identity
- Strengths (Strengths Finder 2.0)
- Passions and Drivers
- Challenges and Issues
- Goals and Objectives
- Life Purpose
- Life Strategy
Contact us today to assess your needs & provide a free quote & customised proposal.